Monday, November 16, 2009

Colorado Weather

The wonderful thing about Colorado is the quick changes in weather. These last 3 weeks are a good example. In our last post we had 26 inches of snow. The following weekend we went hiking in 70 degree weather at Red Rocks:


Followed last weekend by shoveling, tent story time and making the Caruana Family's famous snow ice cream (recipe below): Recipe:

15 Cups clean snow
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Milk
dash of salt
Mix together and serve.
Since we were mostly stuck inside this weekend we also took some photos of Olivia and Alex:


5 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm glad you added that it needs to be clean snow!!

Your kids are so adorable!! Alex looks like such a Caruana!

Autumn and Barrett said...

This post made me so so homesick. Seriously...snow ice cream. My kids think snow is make believe.

Will you guys be there for Christmas?

Erin Nau said...

I love that you all made the best of all types of weather. My sunshine looks more and more like a beautiful little girl everyday, no more baby :(
My little Owlix is getting more and more handsome everyday. Love and miss you all.
Auntie E

Lisa said...

I remember making snow ice cream with you! I read this post yesterday and then had a dream about making snow ice cream last night. Yum! I always love your pictures. I can't wait to meet Alex, that little cutie! And Olivia is beautiful as always.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.