Monday, December 7, 2009

Three weeks before Christmas

Twas three weeks before Christmas, and all through the rooms
The Chipmunks were singing out our favorite holiday tunes;
Olivia hung the ornaments on the tree with care,
Happily placing each one here and then there.


She fell snug in the box for the Christmas tree,
And called out “Mama, Dada, please come and help me!”
And Adriane with her camera and I in my Red Sox cap,
Olivia admired her work with Alex in her lap.
Adriane put Christmas stories in their head,
A nighttime ritual right before bed.
We would like to wish you and your family the same Holiday cheer,
A Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year.

6 comments:

Erin Nau said...

Everything and everyone looks perfect! Olivia you did a great job on the tree! Love and miss you all!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful story and a beautiful family! Merry Christmas!

Melissa said...

Great pictures! Happy Holidays to all of you!

Unknown said...

Olivia,
You did a wonderful job on the tree. It looks very lovely! I can't believe your Dad still has that record player that I bought him so many years ago! Alvin and the Chipmunks are Pops favorite!!
I wish Pops and I could be with you and Alex for Christmas, as always you are in our hearts and daily thoughts. Hope to visit soon.
HO, HO, HO
Nana and Pops

Tiffany said...

This is adorable, what a lovely family

Lisa said...

Awww, Merry Christmas to your family too! I hope we get to meet Alex while we're out there. I love the photo of Adriane reading to the babes. Very precious.